:: Update: To see our information for attendees – how to find the venue, wifi etc. take a look at our 7 Days to Go post ::
As this year’s event segues seamlessly into the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Preview weekend, there’s a truly dizzying array of entertainment on offer to delegates once the day’s ‘unconferencing’ is done. To help with coordinating plans we suggest you use the #rf13social hashtag or get chatting on CrowdVine.
The RepoFringe venue is located close to a clutch of Fringe venues known collectively as Assembly George Square (Venue 3), and sits just around the corner from Gilded Balloon Teviot (Venue 14) so we are very much at the centre of the bustling Festival atmosphere.
The choice can be a little overwhelming, so we recommend looking at these helpful sites to pick likely shows and experiences to explore:
- The List is the Edinburgh equivalent of Time Out, and includes listings for all cultural activities in the capital including Festival listings
- The Guardian maintains a dedicated area of the website and heavy coverage of both the Edinburgh Festival and the adjacent Edinburgh Television Festival.
- The Scottish newspapers carry significant coverage and/or special sections or websites for the festival: The Scotsman, The Herald, The Evening News and the Metro.
- There are various festival freesheets around town that carry reviews and information such as The Skinny and – running only during August – Fest and Three Weeks.
The best place to get information on venues, to browse listings and to make bookings are the official pages for the Edinburgh Festivals during or around the dates of Repository Fringe:
- Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival (19 – 28 July 2013)
- Edinburgh Art Festival (1 August – 1 September 2013)
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe (2 – 26 August 2013)
- Edinburgh International Festival (9 August – 1 September 2013)
- Edinburgh International Book Festival (10 – 26 August 2013)
Some more ideas?
- The Independent’s guide on what to do with 48 Hours In: Edinburgh
- Time Out’s 20 Great Things to Do in Edinburgh
- The Telegraph’s Five Free Things to Do in Edinburgh
- The Scotsman’s 25 Things to Do in Edinburgh Before You Die
- U.S. News’ Best Things to Do in Edinburgh guide
If you do want to arrange a particular outing feel free to leave a comment here or on Crowdvine (http://rfringe13.crowdvine.com/). I’d personally love to hang out with any RepoFringe folk who are up for a craft meet up/stitch and bitch or similar.